Yamaha Customer Service??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Customer Service??

Does anyone have a phone number they have used to access Yamaha Customer Service or technical assistance? I have a problem with a 2003 HPDI that neither dealers nor any internet forums (including this one) seem to be able to answer.

2003 HPDI 200 won't fill oil tank without using emergency switch. I have replaced the remote tank harness(the old one was spliced and corroded) and the CDI control(OUCH $$)at the dealers suggestion.All harnesses and connectors are very clean and free of corrosion. The engine tank sensor tests good and shorting the sensor wires does not activate the remote pump. The engine is model# VZ200TLRB. Please help, I'm losing patience, money and confidence in Yamaha.
    Signed,
    Ready for a Merc Tom

Yamaha customer service number is 1-800-962-7926.
    The remote (tank in boat) oil tank sensor can affect oil transfer. If you have the Yamaha tach with oil level indicator make sure all three bars are on, if only 2 bars are showing then it will not pump oil to engine tank. The system is set up to reserve oil. When the remote oil tank gets low it goes to yellow mode (2 bars on tach) and stops oil transfer to engine oil tank and when engine oil tank gets down to lower line on tank it goes into red mode ( 1 bar on tach) and buzzer sounds. By using the emergency switch you refill engine oil tank you have enough oil in remote to refill engine tank 3 times.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

This boat does not ust the Yamaha tach. It has an analog tach with no oil indicator system, but does use an alarm horn. Could this be a problem?

Comment

No it will work fine without the oil lights but the remote oil sensor could be bad signaling low oil and without the oil level lights you wouldn't know it.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the GREAT!!! info. I've been banging my head and wallett against the wall. After speaking to many Yama techs for the past couple weeks, you finally hit the nail on the head. The service manuals were of no help and did not mention the fact that the remote sensor was related to the oil pumping problem. I am an outboard tech for 35 yrs, and consider myself very competent at troubleshooting, but this had me ready to give up. I had also just replaced the remote tank and ASSumed it would be good, BUT....

Thanks a $$$$$$$
          Tom

Comment

Working...
          X