No announcement yet.

Tilt and trim seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there are like 11 versions of the yamaha trim and tilt systems for the US market.
    you MUST use the correct tool for YOUR application or odds are high someone will cut the cap out.
    not only is that expensive there are not many of us old timers that can acually do it.
    30 years ago parts were very expensive and shop labor was 25-35/hr.
    now parts are very expensive and shop labor rates start at 85/hr.
    its just to simple to PROPERLY use the CORRECT tool for YOUR application.

Comment

The factory tool is a 4-pin setup that slips over the piston rod. Yea, it's expensive but it makes the job so much easier. I did 2-rams this weekend in about 30-min. I'll probably change seals in other motor next year. The parts are cheap and the unit works so much better. I bet getting all the old oil out helps, mine was real dirty. Purrs now...
      1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
      1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

11 versions of trim tool?

His should be same as my 2000 90hp, so part should work. You have 11 versions rod lol? That's $2000 for tool

Comment

Ummm has anyone but me figured out that the tool comes with your dewa,t right angle grinder??

Comment

most caps would shred that cheesy dewalt spanner LONG before the cap broke loose.
            yes there are about 11 different trim and tilt cap spanners from the F8 to the F350.
            yes tooling and ongoing education is expensive.
            whats the options ????????

would ya like to see a doctor whose latest equipment purchase was from 1975 and the last training he took was in 1974?

Comment

Working...
            X