• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 yamaha

Hi new at this I have got a 90 Yamaha, on the serial plate,
    90AETO
    6HI UL 854921
    Does this tell the year and how can I get a correct wiring diagram for the instruments,ie- rev counter power trim
    regards Phil

that model is an international model number.
    doesnt do anything for those of us in the US.
    I cant help ya much with what your asking.

Comment

possible it is a 1983 model

Yamaha Model Guide

Comment

90 Yamaha

Thanks only other thing I forgot to mention is that it is a 2 stroke 3 cyilnder with power trim and electric start is there any thing else that can norrow it down or where else can I look ,
        thanks Phil

Comment

Have a closer look at your spark plug wires. You might find their production date printed on them if you are lucky and if the previous owner did not replace them for the very same reason...

Comment

That serail indicates it is a 1994. Production started at 854690 and stopped at 855021 for that model in 1994.

Comment

international model designators BETO and AETO were not used in the US market with the exception of a very few v4 and v6 motors from 84-85.
              the US market gets no other information on the AETO and BETO model designations.

Comment

According to the same document that I found that this is a 1994 motor, it also states that this engine was not sold in Europe, USA or Canada. It was sold in Oceania, Japan and some part of the world that yamaha call other

Comment

90 yamaha

Thanks for the info surely the wiring to the instrements would not be to dissimular, may be the wire colours might be different, but I could trace out each wire if I had a drawing to follow.Has anyone got or where could I look to find one,
                  regards Phil

Comment

Hi Phil sorry to revive an old post but did you find any solution?

I have a 90AETO and am wondering the same things as you

Comment

old Phil has not been back since 2011

Comment

Working...
                      X