Yamaha 4 stroke 9.9 fuel pump hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 4 stroke 9.9 fuel pump hoses

Just got my new fuel pump from Boats.net. It is a replacement for the old 9.9 pump and "may be substituted". Problem is, the new one has two extra hose nipples that weren't on the old fuel pump. Yamaha was nice enough to pack the hoses into the kit.....but without any hints as to where to hook the hoses up. Anyone have any idea? My shop manual is vague, and neither local dealer knows the answer.
    Engine: T9.9EXRY
    New Fuel pump assembly is a 99999-03273 KIT, containing a 6G8-24410-05 fuel pump, and the 6A4-24312-00 & 90445-09M00 hoses.
    If I knew whether air or water went through these hoses I might could figure out how to hook them up. Thanks, scotty

The new fuel pump is water cooled, you disconnect the water indicator hose from nipple on lower cowling and connect it to fuel pump and connect the other hose on fuel pump to nipple on cowling.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll be trying it out today and let you know how it works. BTW, it is worth noting that neither the factory nor any of the local dealers were able to help with this. Both were friendly but clueless. Boats.net got me an answer in a day.

Comment

Working...
      X