Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what am I missing?

purchased a Yamaha tach with oil level lamps # 6Y5-83553
    Can not get it to work at all as to tach, and don't have enough wires visible for warning lamps as per diagrams ect.
    Engine is an '88 70hp ETLG. Am I missing something ? It only has two wires for tach....green and black, everything looks like it is hooked up when traced from power head thru harness to control ?? I'm baffled, thanks.

oil and trim are seperate harness's.
    you may also need a converter module on that old 70.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
      oil and trim are seperate harness's.
      you may also need a converter module on that old 70.
      I'd be happy to just get the tach to work. First I've heard of a converter module, where can one be found ?
      Thank you for the help !

Comment

Thank you, rodbolt......as to above, there are wires ( black and green ) to tach as per manual and instructions, a four wire connector with yellow,red, black and green for oil level, and the blue and black for light....that is it.
        Is there any way to use this for a tach ? If not, is there one for the older engine ? Now that the big hole is there !
        Thanks again, Dan H

Comment

I believe the tach would need key on power(yellow) along with the green and black

Comment

I have a key on yellow, but not certain where it goes....wiring diagram does not show that. Could it go thru the yellow that goes to the oil lights ?
            Again, thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X