No fire - help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No fire - help

I have a 1986 40ETLK yamaha and I have no fire to any of the plugs.
    I am not what I use to be so I need all the DETAIL instructions possible of what to check. The motor turns over just no fire at any plug. I have checked the 703 remote control and do not find any problems that is related to the fire even though the nutural switch no longer works and neither does the tilt and trim switch this I knew about before it quit running. Motor sat for aprox a year started immediately and run for a few minutes then shut down and would not restart. I used a little starting fluid and still would not start. I have disambled the three caurb and put them back. I am sure that I have an electrial problem somewhere no frayed wires that i can find. new battery fully charged new plugs.
    TELL ME WHERE TO START AND HELP THIS OLD MAN OUT. UNABLE TO DO NOTHING EXCEPT FISH. SURE WISH I COULD.
    I live in West Virginia no boat dealers and no Yamaha dealers closer than 150 miles.
    Last edited by Ponderosa; 04-18-2011, 10:17 PM.

1) You DID check to see that the kill-switch on the remote control hadn't accidently been pulled or switched off? It is usually held open by a little plastic "Y" clip. The line to it may be missing and attached to a life jacket, or, the clip could have just popped out and is on the floor of the boat, etc.

2) There is a fuse in a fuse holder on the starboard side of the engine that could be blown. It is sometimes hidden behind a vertical plastic panel on the side of the cylinders.
    Last edited by Atchafalaya_man; 04-18-2011, 11:55 PM.

Comment

No Fire

Kill switch and fuse was checked) thanks anyway perhaps there is more to check

Comment

I basicly had the same problem with my 1985 90hp, after alot of searching I finally found a broken wire in the controler, the only way I found it was to take the wires out and check to see if any of the wires are broken, itis a pain but that is what it sounds like a loose or broken wire

Comment

need help on a 1999 30elrx that has cracked cylinder head. Can I buy non oil inject parts and convert to premix?

Comment

you should just have to disconnect the oil pump and then premix the oil and gas

Comment

Moss, The problem is I want to buy the non oil injection part if I can cause its half the price. Will it fit the rest of the motor?

Comment

Working...
              X