F115 - Stops running after 4 min.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115 - Stops running after 4 min.

I have a F115 with 1200 hrs. Recently when I run at 5000 rpm, after 4 min it either slows down to idle speed and runs rough or stops. The ball is empty and if I quickly pump the ball it runs again. I changed the external fuel/water seperator and the fuel filter on the engine. Checked the fuel lines to see if there were any air leaks, but did not see any. After changing the filters, I still have the same problem. Any suggestions?

Is the tank vent blocked? Just a thought.

TII

Comment

As said above, a closed tank vent will allow the engine to run until the tank forms a vacuum and then starve the engine. This happens more with a full tank, than one that is very low on fuel, and it happens about every....4 minutes.

Look for a kink in the fuel line, particularly where a battery, ice chest or anchor may be pressing against it while running.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I checked tank vent, by running with fuel fill cap off for 4 min and same thing happened; so it can not be vent, but thanks again. I also checked fuel lines for kinks. The longer ling goes straight from fuel/water seperator to tank and the shorter line makes a gradual curve from fuel/water seperator to engine and is not kinked.

Comment

"by quickly pumping the ball it keeps running"

ya answered your own question.
          the primer bulb simply bypasses the engine fuel pump and fills the VST manually.
          check for air leaks/restrictions between the pump and the bulb then check the engine fuel pump.
          they dont last forever ya know.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. How do I check the fuel pump? Also, if I run at 2000 rpm; it will run just fine, all day long.

Comment

Working...
            X