Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Stroke , 150Hp to Lorance HDS-10

Hi all,
    I would like to tie my motor to the lorance to view pressures and temps etc. I have been reading up on the matter and thought I had it figured out. I cut the zip ties holding the monster bundle of wires together looking for the comand link hub. I have Round Comand link gauges (tack & Speed), installed by the dealer. I also looked under the motor cover. No hub. Could I be missing something, there has to be a hub correct?

May have the standard LCD Multi function gauges and not the Command Link gauges.
    They look similiar,

This is the Command Link gauge
    6Y5-8350T-82-00.jpg
    This is the Multifunction Tach, notice the warning icons and YAMAHA name.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I think your correct, I have the multi function gauges, I will confirm this evening. If that's the case what is my best option. Lorance has a cable to go from the motor directly to the HDS 10. I'm not sure where it connets on ether end. The Lorance has a date connection and a nema 200 connection. Would I be better off setting up a NEMA 2000 backbone.

Comment

Sorry for the delay getting back. I deffenetly have the Yamaha mult function gauges. What will I need to create a NEMA 2000 backbone and tie the motor in and the lorance.

Comment

Here is a link to my NMEA2K install for my F150 and Garmin 541s. Its really no different for the Lowrance. Just make sure you use the proper cable.
          Triumph Boat Owners Network

Comment

I forgot to give you this link also!
            http://www.triumphowners.net/forums/...amaha-f150.pdf

Comment

Thanks russfer, but i could not find the post. loged on as a vistor.

Comment

I use lowance gauges and lms gps/sounder. The yamaha engine to lowrance nmea 2000 interconnect is part number 120-37. I believe it plugs in where the command link network to engine interconnect would. The link is: LEI Extras. It should come with a T. You'll need an additional T, terminator, power cable (part 119-75), and a nmea 2000 cable to tie the hds into the network. What year is your motor because there are varing degress of nmea 2000 compatibility based on when it was produced.

Comment

Sorry, I wasn't thinking about you not being a member. try this. Remember you only need the Lowrance cable and not both the Lowrance and Maretron cable! The Maretron cable is very expensive!!!!!! You also need a Garmin NMEA 2000 starter kit and 1 extra Garmin NMEA 2000 Tee connector. The starter kit comes with everything else you need. The Lowrance cable comeswith an extra Tee included with it!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by russfer; 05-05-2011, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Thanks for all the help. Was it worth the trouble. From the samples i have seen the gauge panel looks pretty nice.

Comment

You bet it was worth it!!!! NMEA2K install is simple, the hardest part is running the Lowrance cable thru the motor loom, after that everything is a cinch. Each Manufacturer has different gauge styles in their units so your HDS-10 will be different from my Garmin. Just play with it after the install till you find what you like. Not to mention all the info you can now get off the motor ECU, just remember, the engine has to be 2006 or newer 4 stroke. (some late model 2005's had it also)

Comment

Working...
                      X