Remote warning buzzer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote warning buzzer?

Is it possible to install a remote warning buzzer or visible overheating etc. alarm? My 2003 F115 had the warning buzzer (on the kill switch I believe) go off last year and if it wasn't for my wife being along and asking what was that "noise" . . . Given that the old ears aren't what they used to be, and the buzzer is inside the console, I never heard a thing. Suggestions?

Get hearing aids!
    The 4 strokes are quiet running motors I am very suprized you could not hear the buzzer, you might have it checked out to see if it is functioning properly.

The tach or other gauges usually have an indicator showing what is going on and the motor should go into a reduced RPM when it happens also

Comment

Hearing aids. That's what my wife says. She heard the buzzer so it works. And I was in an "idle zone" when it went off so I was already at a reduced RPM. The tach, etc. are Sea-Pro, not Yammie, so there's no warning anything associated with them. I'd still like to hook up a remote buzzer, flashing light, whatever if that's possible.

Comment

I am not sure if that motor's alarm buzzer is powered by the ECU or something else or what the voltage is on the buzzer, but if you find that out you should be able to set up a relay of the proper voltage that would pick up when the buzzer was set off and then hook up what ever you wanted to a separate 12 volt circuit run by the relay.

I was just saying that maybe the buzzer was not operating at its full noise making ability if there was a problem with it, so have someone check it out.
        Last edited by 99yam40; 04-18-2011, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Thanks. I'll see if I can round up a shop manual and see if that has any info on what runs the buzzer, etc.

Comment

i was also thinking about installing a couple, found a led lighted 12v buzzer online for under $20
            if your keyswitch is mounted in a tight console i can imagine it may be hard to hear

Comment

Working...
            X