140 Yamaha temperature buzzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 140 Yamaha temperature buzzer

Hi guys last few times I have been out fishing the temperature buzzer has been going of and the motor reduces speed immediately. Just wondering if anyone has got an idea on what is causing this to happen

If it is the temperature alarm and not the oil level alarm, then I would think it is overheating. wouldn't you?

Seriously, when was the last time you did any maintenance on the motor?

Water pump replacement, thermostat, PRV

Comment

I know it's got to do temperature but just wondering wether anyone has had the same problem and has overcome it. The water pump has just been replaced on it's last service which wasnt long ago at all probably 2 months ago. The PRV look fine

Comment

Originally posted by Streaker5.85 View Post
        I know it's got to do temperature
        Not sure what this means.

how do you know it is not oil level?

What about the thermostats and temperature switches or sensors, have you tested them or changed them

Comment

The temp buzzer goes off at high speed.
          The thermostats have been changed the water Covers and heads have been taken off and found very little corrosion all has been cleaned

Comment

Hi there Streaker, check out my post here http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...g-th16064.html
            I have been having the same problem and have still not found a solution and have done all you have to.
            Please let me know if you find a fix!

Comment

Just a lil update I have since pulled the water cover and heads off but found very little corrosion. I gave it all a clean and replaced with all new gaskets. Have been out twice with no problem at full speed so hopefully the problem has been fixed

Comment

Working...
              X