2000 sx200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 sx200

tried 2 testers for fuel presssure, thought 1st was bad, im getting 44 at idle and up to 68 at 1500 and above....
    i also tested amp draw of hp pump and was 5.2.... is higher amperage due to the HIgher fuel output? an i looking at a bad pressure regulator ?
    new vst filter this week
    Last edited by jb123; 04-12-2011, 07:55 PM.

I would clean the regulator filter first.
    my money is on a clogged regulator filter not a bad regulator.
    that or someone has installed an HPDI regulator on it.

Comment

good chance as i had a lot of crap thru my vst this past season... im on it tomorro, thanks

Comment

cleaned the pres reg filter and orifices, got pressure to a norm now but now it bogs out after computer drops down from fast idle... swapped out VST from port motor and same issue

new lp pumps and rechecked
        new hp filter
        cleaned pres reg filter
        pres holds @ 35
        o2 in specs
        off to change out plugs

Comment

well.. toasted my second fuel pres gauge, am i tightening too much and trashing the orings ????
          looks like it ISNT holding but dropping pressure with key on and not running...slowly dropping ....
          should i automatically assume its a stuck open injector ? the # 1 plug WAS very clean...

Comment

rechecked lp pumps, ok
            checked all spark , ok
            new fuel pres gauge, still SLOWly dropping wile not running and key on

took off rail, pulled each injector , cleaned inj filters and rail and runs like a champ on the hose.. will do port motor next

Comment

44 psi at idle and 68 PSI above 1200 indicates TWO things.
              one is the pump resistor circuits are working correctly and TWO its running PIG RICH due to a clogged regulator filter.
              if the injector filters are clogged and the VST filter was then what do you think the regulator filter is gonna be.
              at 68 PSI the engine will burn almost twice the amount of fuel normally required.
              PIG RICH.
              this can and will lead to O2 sensor issues,crank bearing issues and piston scuffing issues due to a lean fuel oil mix.
              you fix what you wish
              at key on you should see about 35 PSI while the pump runs,when the pump is off it should slowly drop to about 20 and hold there for a bit.
              at 68 PSI the pump current draw is almost excessive and either the pump or the ECU is gonna croak.
              fix what you wish.

Comment

ive drained tank, replaced water sep, new motor filter, new vst filter, cleaned pres reg filter and lastly cleaned the injector filters and finally it s purring again

i have twins, swapped VSTs and still had the non run issue so i went to the next inline...luckily i didnt have to send out injectors

the pres reg filters were dirty

a friend yamaha tech friend suggested also the oring on top of hp pump may be leaking, causing fuel drop

now pressure is holding
                Last edited by jb123; 04-19-2011, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X