2003 200 l/p fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 200 l/p fuel pump

i have an issue with low pressure pump, boat was running out of fuel checked low pressure pump was not running so i replaced it. ran fine for about 6 hours second time out seems to have went out again. i have 12v to the pump on red wire to clean engine ground with key on, i bench tested pump and it clicks but does not make a running sound and does not pump fuel, just like the old one. first question would be , plug unhooked with a volt meter hooked up between the red and blue wires going into pump should i get 12v with key on, because i get 0v all the time. i do get 12v on the red wire with key on and other meter lead going to engine ground. could this be the driver going bad ? next can the driver cause the pump to go out ? and if that is a regular 12v pump if you put it on the bench and hook black to ground and red to hot the pump should run , correct ?

any help would be great

answer to questions

i have never posted on here before, and really need some help with this motor, any help would be great

thanks

Comment

the ECU cycles the driver.
      between the red and blue your should see 12V for about 5 seconds at key on power, below 1200 RPM the voltage will cycle.
      10 seconds on,20 seconds off.
      the red should have 12v anytime the key is on, the blue is the ground path.
      a bad fuel pump return check valve can burn up pumps.

Comment

thanks for the info, so if i have not voltage between the two wires and i have 12v to ground with key on i may have a bad driver ? if i put the pump to 12v off the motor it should run as a 12v pump correct ?

thanks for any help ...

Comment

hey, also will the meter show 12 key on and not running between red and blue wires ?

thanks

Comment

hey, new update i did run the motor with volt meter between red and blue wires going into the lift pump , when motor started i got 12v on meter , but the 12v never went away, i ran the motor at 2500, and at idle and never lost power between red and blue. one time i shut off key started up motor and got 12v then it went away and then came back (cycled) as was said it should do. but then the voltage never left again. shut the key off several time and restated never cycled , constant 12v, would that cause the pump to go out ? and would that be an ecu or the pump driver ?

thank you for any help, i dont want to burn out another $600.00 pump..

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
              the ECU cycles the driver.
              between the red and blue your should see 12V for about 5 seconds at key on power, below 1200 RPM the voltage will cycle.
              10 seconds on,20 seconds off.
              the red should have 12v anytime the key is on, the blue is the ground path.
              a bad fuel pump return check valve can burn up pumps.
              I believe Rodbolt has already answered you questions

Comment

occasionally if the ISC is causing the ECU to overheat, I have seen that.
                occasionally it will not cycle if another code is thrown.
                dunno why but sometimes the ECU does funny things when it tosses a code or overtemps.

Comment

thanks for your help, i guess i am going to put a new fuel pump driver and see if i get the proper voltage as no codes come up . also i will replace the check valve. i will let you know what happens . as it may help others with same problem.

again thank you for the help...

Comment

Working...
                  X