Disconnecting the oil injection on Yam 70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disconnecting the oil injection on Yam 70

Can this be accomplished by simply removing the pump shaft and bolting the pump back together?
    I wish Yamaha made a block off plate for this motor.

The shaft in oil pump can come out without the driven shaft to hold it in. Better off just disconnecting oil hose from pump.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I am talking about pulling the whole drive shaft out that connects with the crank via a gear.
      By just disconnecting hte oil line I would worry about the pump itself seizing and intern causing the drive shaft to mess up the crank.

Comment

You have take oil pump shafts out of oil pump, there would be nothing holding oil pump shaft in place and they would fall into engine block, so just removing shaft out of engine would not be enough.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Sounds like the best way to disconnect the system is to remove the drive shaft and pump and replace it with a metal plate. Then run the three oil lines that go to the intake manifolds into a brass "T" so as to avoid a air leak.

Comment

Joe, My 225 oil pump was removed and a aluminum plate made to seal it off. Also my oil lines were removed and plugged off where they connect to intake manifold.Then engine oil tank removed ,and the whole float assembly for oil tank was left in place but wire tied so it would stay in the full oil position.

Comment

How did you plug the oil lines? I am worried about the lines being a source of a air leakage.

Comment

Working...
              X