89 yamaha 200 3 dead coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 yamaha 200 3 dead coils

Can anybody help me. One side of the engine has 3 coils not firing it, will not go over 2300 PMS. I already ck the oil injection system and is working good.
    [FONT="Arial"][/FONT][I][/I]89 Presuit[FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

if it is one side, I would doubt it is coils. you need to get a manual and test you electronics.

Comment

Poket Tester P/N 3112

I'm starting to troubleshoot the problem with the 3 dead coils but the book is telling me to use a tester that looks analog & out dated.Of course from Yamaha.(P/N YU 3112) It says that if any other meter is used readings wont't be reliable, how tru can that be. I have digital voltmeter that I use for automotive. Thank You for your help!!

Comment

use your digital DVM with a DVA adapter.
        then use the tune up spec guide to test the pulser coil and CDI charge coil inputs, then check CDI output voltages.
        but you MUST use the DVA adapter or a meter with PEAK reading capabilities NOT true RMS or min/max.
        the ohms tests for the coils are ok but really really suck for testing the CDI.
        all depends on meter imput impedance or the readings are skewerd.

Comment

You need a DVA adapter to attach to your meter to read the proper voltages for troubleshooting.
          This may help you understand about the testing equipment and process

Print Out This Guide

Edit
          I see Rodbolt posted at the same time as I was, so maybe you already know what to be doing
          Last edited by 99yam40; 04-11-2011, 05:47 PM.

Comment

What HP and Model Is it

Comment

Model #

200ETXF Thank you!!! for all the infomation. I'm going to try to trobleshoot today

Comment

Working...
              X