F115 2003 Spark Plug Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115 2003 Spark Plug Question

I Have a Pair of F115 2003, I used before the stock spark plug with them, but know i bought the LFR6AIX-11 iridium spark plugs. what do u think of the iridium spark plugs, i want to hear everything before install it on my outboard engines, i dont want to damage it.

Stock Spark Plug LFR6A-11
    Iridium Spark Plug LFR6AIX-11
    Last edited by Angel Rangel; 04-08-2011, 10:07 AM. Reason: Mistake on 155

other than a total waste of money, they will work.
    wont "fix" anything.

Comment

i dont want to fix something just want to improve or change less often the spark plugs, because im from mexico and to get the normal spark plug is the same dificult than the iridium one here, also the diference of money here is quite small between both kinds of spark plugs, the 2 are expensive to me

Comment

I use the Harbor Freight Tools Spark Plug Sandblaster($15), never buy plugs for outboards, mowers, blowers, anything. You'll need a small air compressor to operate it, but Harbor Freight has a cheap one for $100.
        My 1999 Yamaha 90HP still has the original plugs, just blow carbon off, put them back in, run motor. I know a plug can crack/fowl/erode electrodes/insulators, and need replacement, but most plugs just have carbon, and sandblasting is about the only real way to get it off effectively. A boat shop or dealership ain't got time to sandblast plugs, so they replace them, which is fine. But a perfectly good plug with some carbon on it is hard for me to throw in the trash can. Good Luck!

Comment

Iridum would be waist on outboard

Nissan motors,toyota motors call out these NGK plugs they last 100k miles. I would run cooper plugs NGK's are not that expensive. Order them from rock auto get a bunch
          Last edited by 200090tlry; 04-08-2011, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X