Water pressure at dash gauge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water pressure at dash gauge?

I have 2006 F250 4 stroke and I am not getting any pressue reading at the gauge when the engine is running. I get plenty of water our of the pee hole. I have checked all the rubber and plastic tubing and all seems clear. could the problem be in the water pipe coming from the water pump? Like an O ring or seal came loose?
    Thanks,
    George Taylor

If have Command Link gauges then could be bad sensor or plugged passage to sensor, if have seperator water gauge then could be pinched tubing, plugged passages or tubing or a bad gauge.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Dose it have a tube that runs to the gauge? If it so un hook from the back of the gauge & run the motor to see if you have water at that point. If there is water look at the back of the gauge & see if the little hole is plugged.

Comment

I have run air pressure through the hose and tubing and can get the gauge to register. It just won't register when I have the motor in the water. Is there a diagram for the water flow from pump to guage?
        George

Comment

When the tube is unhooked from the motor with motor running do you
          get water coming out of the block fitting?
          Did it take a lot of air pressure to move the gauge?
          Last edited by Michael j; 04-09-2011, 11:07 PM.

Comment

very little air pressure to get the gauge to move. I don't have it in the water right now so I'll have to check the output when I can get the boat in the water.
            Thanks for that suggestion.
            G

What would it mean if no water comes out of the tube when the motor is running?
            Last edited by g_taylor56@hotmail.com; 04-09-2011, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Can you run it on a flusher?
              No water coming out with hose unhooked
              from block? fitting blocked from Sand, salt, mud
              something plugging it?

Comment

Working...
              X