2007 50hp yamaha 2 stroke occasionally stalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 50hp yamaha 2 stroke occasionally stalls

My 2007 50 hp yamaha 2 stoke will occasionally stall (1 in 5 times) when going from idle to accelerate, then die out. I do have fresh gas. I changed my water seperator, cleaned the fuel filter, and am using a new fuel line and pump. Thre is no water in the gas. At WOT runs very well. What would be my next step?

pull and clean the carbs sounds like you have some passages plugging

Comment

Maybe drain each carb for water/debris in the float bowls. Drain onto clean white cloth so you can see what may be in them. With float bowl drain plugs out, pump primer bulb to "flush" out float bowls with fresh fuel. Check fuel system connections(particularly quick disconnect on cowl) for loose hoses, fittings, bad O-rings, causing in-leakage of air into fuel system. Check/clean/replace(if needed) primer bulb so both ball check valves are working properly. Do these things and then give it a run. If it's still stalling you can do the carb cleaning. Good Luck and let us know what you find!

Comment

Robert..will give that a try.. then i'll clean carb per 99yam4o.
        Thank you guys for your help on this

Comment

I had the same problem with my 2006 50HP Yamaha 2-stroke... A good cleaning of the carbs and a new 10 micro fuel/water separater for extra piece of mind fixed everything up.

Comment

Thanks Harv..will give that a go yam

Comment

Maybe this wont help but I found on mine

Gasket oring for quick connect to motor mas missing and if pulled at angle leaked fuel so air might get in. Check those

Comment

Thanks 200009...will ck

Comment

Working...
                X