2000 90hp carb on 16 alum boat around 1300pounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can get pictures of the mounting

Motor is mounted up off transom still think its something with motor not letting it get that last fiery growl. Not enough fuel would do this for sure im going to check everything, maybe time for fuel pump kit. I did hookup a ground to thermostat housing that runs to other ground wires. Was a bare wire and figure more grounding would be good for motor when voltage bleeds off regulator. Someone snipped this wire

Comment

If you will not answer our questions, then we will not answer yours as t is a waste of our time and yours

Comment

Mounting of the motor and running

Mounting of this motor is up for some reason. Most boats ive had they set the whole motor on then bolt it up. This one has space between top hull to motor so it's holding no weight id say 4 inches. Bolts through motor are holding it in place. If this is case that should net more speed or is push being the tlry maybe long shaft? Ive only lake tested my new to me boat one time and run in driveway couple times. I purchased new yamaha 15 pitch to try out. Im keeping the 17pitch on there to lake test again as I cleaned out carbs wondering if that will pickup rpm. Another thing maybe the half tank fuel was going bad and lost octane, I mixed 7 gallons fresh in there before my first trip. It idle on muffs with old fuel so? Previous owner did put seafoam in tank. I would like to try and stay away from Local Yamaha techs there are 2 in Utah and not very good there slighty more knowledge about Outboards than I. Rodbolt is sure worth the money but not these guy's. This one will freak rod out we have 85 Octane fuel and yes I used this being some people say higher octanes have more ethanol in there to make up higher octane. Not sure if this is true. Actual I dont know of any motor that allows 85 Octane regular most Ive seen start 87 then some performance motors go up 91 93 range. For some reason the altitude keeps pinging down and maybe reason for 85. Maybe I could dump 93 premium in there.
        Last edited by 200090tlry; 04-19-2011, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X