Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neutral switch confusion.

Hello Martin England.

I have a 2010 F150 AETX and have just been familiarising myself with the workshop manual and have got a little confused about what they refer to as the neutral switch.

I am assuming that the micro switch in the 704/703 control for start in gear protection is not the same neutral switch that can effect the running of the engine?

So I am again assuming there must be another neutral switch on or attached to the throttle linkage.

The reason I am asking the question is I am fitting morse DS controls so need to understand the setup. The engine is still in its crate and not rigged as yet.

Any clarification much appreciated.

Regards

Yep, just a switch in your control to break the starting circuit when your control is in forward or reverse.

Comment

Hi any info about the shift neutral switch in the engine would be apreciated. I.E. Is there one and what dose it do.

Regards

Comment

Maybe you're thinking of emergency cut-off lanyard/switch on control box?

Comment

Yes I believe there is a shift switch on the motor, not real sure but I think it lets ECU know it is shifting so it can make adjustments to the firing to help it come out of gear.

Maybe Rodbolt will come in and give you some of his vast knowledge.

Comment

on the engine shift slide assy there are 2 switches.
            one is shift cut and is used to misfire the engine when coming out of an in gear position.
            the other is a shift position switch that lets the ECU know if its in gear or not.
            has NOTHING to do with can the engine crank.
            that is the job of the safty switch in the control box.

however if the ECU sees an in gear position from the shift position switch AND a crank signal it may/or may not, usually does, limit your RPM.
            if the ECU sees its in gear and it cranked it knows something isnt right.
            however I have seen it have no affect on engine running.
            the HPDI is pretty consistant, not so much the F motors.

Comment

Working...
            X