Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil tank on engine will not refill

I have twin 1999 Yamaha 150 hp ox66 saltwater series the right motor
    will not refill the tank even with the manual switch. Main reservour tank new
    hoses, wires newI have exchange the oil level sensor and the CDI computer
    and the problem stays. Any ideas is driving me crazy having to refill manually
    the tank every few miles.

Does the oil pump motor run at all when called for?
    Have you drained and cleaned the tanks and lines and replaced the oil filter?

Comment

The motor on the big tank only runs if you give power directlly to the motor
      the big tank is new came with new hoses and wires and new pump. Oil filter I never heard of one this is a two cycle engine .

Comment

See if this oil testing doc will help you troubleshoot the system.

I believe there is a in line filter in the oil line from the Remote tank
        Last edited by 99yam40; 04-17-2017, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Thank u for the for the document i am sure is going to help I am in Miami and
          the boat is in Key Largo Florida I probablly wont get to work on it until Saturday but as soon as I do I will let you know the result. Thanks again.

Comment

The trim sensor pilot also the oil pump. Ther should be 3 wires. Bypass one of them and check with ignition on if the oil pump work.

Comment

Originally posted by ssergio51 View Post
              The motor on the big tank only runs if you give power directlly to the motor.
              I did not noticed that... So the trim sender should be ok !

When I had this problem it was the motor on big thank that was not working and I had to change the trim sender.

Comment

trim sensor on a 1999 motor wont affect anything with oil transfer.
                just another rabbit ya aint gotta hunt.

Comment

What does the oil display say on your tach?

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                    trim sensor on a 1999 motor wont affect anything with oil transfer.
                    just another rabbit ya aint gotta hunt.
                    Doesn't it shut off the transfer when the motor it trimmed up?

Comment

ken
                      ill say it one more time.
                      on ALL 3.1L v6 motors AND 2.6L v6 motors from 1996 the trim sender has NOTHING to do with oil transfer.
                      oil transfer,automatic, on the 3.1L and the 1996 and later 2.6L engines is based on the remote tank switch(SWB) position and a pulser coil input signal(engine running or not).
                      any time the key is on the pump brown wire has 12V applied.
                      blue wire is the ground path and is made by the ECU based on switch commands from the engine tank oil switchs or the manual switch.
                      very very basic 12 volt system that kicks techs for some odd reason.

Comment

200 ox66 2002

I had the same issue when i purchase my motor brand new. Long story short it ended up being a bug being plugged in the oil hose. Dearlship said it was a horse fly from when i filled my oil tank the very first time??? i said it was a mud dobber from when they rigged the boat, they kept thier hoses coil up on the wall in like an old barn type location, this is where they rigged my boat. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                        X