prop for t-50 four stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prop for t-50 four stroke

bought an 09 t-50 4-stroke. a dealer sold me a solas 11 x15 aluminum prop. took forever to plane and turned 4200 wot. looking around i think i need larger diameter ~13 1/4 " Ideas??
    boat is a 16' v-bottom flats skiff

check here for a rig like or close to yours and see what prop they used and how it performed.
    You may have a problem with the motor or the set up if it will not turn high enough RPMs if you have proper prop size.
    Performance Bulletin Home

Comment

prop for a t 50

call yammi customer service, he has the same boat and can give you alot of insite for your question. you won;t be sorry.

mudjon09

Comment

prop for a t 50

i have a t 25 2004,i called the yammi cust serv rep, he asked me to try a 10 1/2 x13 to replace a pontoon prop that was a 12 1/4 x 9. the new prop gave me 7 mph more than the one that was on it,(a new one), when i bought the motor used.there was several options i found by looking at their prop listing on line.these i think are foe a standard motor (not a potoon prop). you do realize that the motor you have has a different ratio in the lower unit than standard which changes you speed output some.i was running 6000 rpm at wot, changed the prop, went down to 5600 and 7 more mph.
        my t25 has a 50 hp mid and lower section on it ,as thats the way yammi builds them to give them more strength as i was informed.
        a new prop from my yammi dealer costs me about 130 bucks(aluminum).
        the serv rep i skoke to had a 50 on a 16 ft alumn skiff and had also put 3/8 gas line on it too as to not starve it ,i;ve found it does help.

mudjon09

Comment

I had solas on boat and lost performance big time even droping pitch

My better judgement say's dont get one. Im shopping for 15pitch right now

Comment

Working...
          X