"Ring Free" additive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Ring Free" additive

What is the reccomended intervals for adding the "ring-free" to the fuel? Does this change if synthetic oil is being used? How ofter should the plugs be changed?

Yamaha recondmends Ring Free on a constant basis. You didn't mention what engine you have but the oil change intervals are in the owners manual. Most engines are at 100 hours or 6 months.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Regulator,
      Synthetic or regular petroleum based TCW-3 oil makes no difference to Ring Free.
      Change your plugs once a year - I like to do it in late winter for my "spring get-ready" routine.
      Good luck,
      Ken K

Comment

Use the Ringfree and the Stabil Marine all the time, maybe a bit more when your motor won't be run for several weeks/months. Install a fuel/water seperator also. Good preventive maintenance will pay for itself in repairs, boating satisfaction and confidence on the water.

Comment

Constant treatment using the Ring Free additive = 1 Oz. per 10 Gal of fuel.

Comment

ring free and star brite/startron 2001 150HPDI

i've been using star brite/startron only in my fuel tank for the ethanol issues. its a 2001 150HPDI engine. should i also be using ring free or (sea foam) as well in my fuel tank at the same time? thx
            Last edited by pancake; 10-16-2009, 07:50 PM. Reason: added

Comment

star tron and ring free?

anybody have any input experience on the combination ?

Comment

Additives for E10

I used StarTron with my RingFree until StaBil produced their StaBil Marine product (it is blue), which is specially formulated for E10. Now I use Stabil Marine with my RingFree at every gas addition to the tank. I store my boat outside and during the winter I top off my tank. I have had no problem at start up in the spring. StaBil has some impressive pictures on their web site showing the result of their corrosion studies using Stabil Marine.

Comment

Working...
                X