Carb Problems or????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Problems or????

First let me start off by saying im new and first timer here. having said this, I am having a problem with my 150 Vmax outboard. I started off the year in Feburary on my first Tourneyment. I started the motor and it ran fine in the drive way (with hose hooked up). I got to the lake and it started fine, Idled a bit ruff but not bad. I accelerated and it bogged down and would not plane out. I tap the choke and it will surge and with enough tapping it will eventually plane out. But she runs about 15mph less now. I did find out the boat was filled up last year by my son and no stabile was added, so it set there from late sept - feb. I drained the fuel, put new fuel in and added stabile. I ran the full tank and she still does the same. Any ideals? Is there a way to just clean the carbs and not "kit" them?

Thanks in advance
    R J

you can just clean out your carbs, be sure to do it right though. if you notice any parts/seals that need to be replaced then do it. Do not continue to run your motor in this condition ..you are running a cylinder way to lean and risk burning a hole in a piston and basically ruining your motor.

Comment

I would check the compression before doing much more, just to be sure you have not damaged it already

Comment

thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
        X