Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it was fine, and now nothing....

Hello,

I have a 1993 55hp 2 stroke. Boat is in really clean condition, all wiring is in good shape and not rigged. Have checked her at least once a week for the past 2 months with zero problems... Have been gearing up for the season and doing some light work (deck work, none engine related). Three days ago while doing other things I decided to hit the key just to hear her turn over. Usually she starts right away, even after sitting for long periods. Just three days before fired immediately... But this time NOTHING! I mean only a barely audible half-click on the first key, and nothing at all afterward. I assumed dead battery (battery is new FYI, and tested today to make sure it wasn't a defect) so put it on the charger. Took a little charge, but topped out quickly. Battery back in and NOTHING. I do have power to my accessories (lights, nav lights, etc..), so I am confused. Tried tracing everything today looking for the obvious. cleaned all connections, checked all fuses (good), can't find a thing. Ever now and then I will here a faint half click, but don't even get the electric choke click which is normally very audible. At this point I ma stumped. Any suggestions???????????? I am digging for a wiring schematic and a shop manual for this engine and can;t seem to find anything...

Sounds like a bad ground or a bad connection on any of the battery cable connections. Use a meter and chase it down

Comment

yep battery connection or fuse
      or even a bad key switch
      WWW.SWITCHBAIT.COM

Comment

Working...
      X