Where to get info/ or who knows the answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get info/ or who knows the answer

If I have a 2000 Yamaha 200 hpdi with a factory replacement power head in 2002 Where is the part # or code # to prove it. ?
    Also in order to replace the lower unit how do you figure out if it is a 90 degree 2.6 liter with a 1.86 ratio or 2.0 ratio with a 20" or 25" shaft ????

Thanks in advance Capt. Charles
    Last edited by charlesretired; 03-16-2011, 10:13 PM. Reason: Wanted bold subject heading

Receipts and model & serial #s are my guess

Comment

No receipts from prior owner........model # Z200TXRY ser# 6G6 100750 T
      Sorry for leaving this info out

Comment

If it was warranty work your Yamaha dealer should be able to look it up to see if it was done.
        The X represents 25"
        look up in the parts break down to see if it will give that info or maybe you owners or service manual

Comment

typically the 1.86 was used on the VZ motors and the 2.0 was on the Z engines.
          only way to tell is mark both the drive shaft and prop shaft and turn the drive shaft 2 revolutions or dissasemble the case and count the teeth on the fwd and pinion gear.
          only real way to tell about a warrenty replacement power head is to run the PID through YMBS and it will show up if it was a warrenty job.

Comment

I had a motor that had a replacement powerhead and where the serial number would normally be it was blank.

Comment

thats cause it never was.

Comment

Working...
              X