2010 F115 inital break in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 F115 inital break in

All, have read the manual, and am curious as to what your take is on break in operability...I have a new F115 on a 17 ft Lund fisherman and am leaning more towards a harder than average break in to keep the rings seated as they should be...looking for any input from those that have ran em harder from day one have to say..usually ends up in a stronger performing cleaner engine....thoughts?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by woodrow246; 03-16-2011, 12:27 AM.

I would follow Yamaha's recommendations if you want the warranty to stay intact.

What did you find in your F80? Too much wrong for you to repair?

Comment

Spun a Main bearing that took the a few crank lobes, and rod ends/caps with it..new crank a couple rods and all new bearings and endcaps with a total system flush and pulling the pan...etc. Parts alone was coming in at around 2500 or so, doing it all myself. I figured I can put 3 grand towards a new OB with a warranty and gain some additional HP..Ya its less than a new motor, however I still have an original powerhead and lower unit that may or may not need some attention in the future....sold it as a whole for 1000.00 to a local guy.

Comment

Nice motor W126!

I broke in my 09 F115 as per the manual and she's running like a peach. Smooth, quiet, great throttle response and good fuel consumption. She gets a good hard run after *****ing to stop her making oil, but all-in-all I'm very happy with her and I reckon she's proof that the break in procedure as per the manual works. Good luck...

TII
        Last edited by Triton II; 03-17-2011, 08:50 PM. Reason: added picture.

Comment

Thanks guys...got the first couple of hours on it per manual yesterday...quieter than my 80 and very responsive.

Comment

Working...
          X