New F70LA; what gauges to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New F70LA; what gauges to use?

Re-powering my boat with a new F70LA; when I picked up the motor from local dealer (Nashville, TN) I asked about gauge recommendations. Dealer advised me to use the Yamaha digital multifunction gauges instead of the Command Link mainly because of price and motor size.

Looking into the 2 gauge kits, I'm somewhat confused about the part number - seems to be varying part numbers. The 2 gauge kit that I think is correct is:

6YR-W0035-F1. Multi-Function LCD 2 gauge set.

Question; is this correct? Like I said, engine is brand-new (late 2010 manufacture date) and I don't want to purchase wrong gauge set and then have to return. Can someone advise please?

Thanks,
    Richard

myself?
    I would find a real dealer.
    its against Yamaha corperate policy to sell motors out the back door.
    YOU cannot properly PDI and register it with the leagal seirilized PDI sheet.
    but MYSELF I would use command link ESPECIALLY on small engines to take advantage of the *****ing speed control.
    most likly your dealer has no trained techs nor understands comand link.
    register it wrong and good luck if you ever need warrenty or updates.

Comment

Rodbolt,

I purchased the engine from the only "loose engine" approved Yamaha dealer in the area. All other local Yamaha dealers were packaged units (boat and motor) and were not allowed (by Yamaha) to sell loose engines. I conferred with the local Yamaha rep prior to contacting the dealership as to where I could purchase an engine by itself.

Comment

there are NO Yamaha LOOSE engine dealers.
        Yamaha SPECIFICALLY tells us NOT to sell engines in the crate.
        thats also why the PDI MUST be done by a Yamaha service facility and the PDI sheet has the same seriel number that the engine does.
        thats how we register them for warrenty.
        its simply corperate policy and aids in customer relations and future warrenty issues due to incorrect installation or a problem out of the box that the average Joe wont see until it becomes an expensive fix.

Comment

Respectfully,

Sunrise Marines, Mary Esther, FL
          NEW Yamaha Four Stroke F150TL Outboard! - eBay (item 350408266464 end time Mar-27-11 06:17:31 PDT)

Pawleys Island Marine, Myrtle Beach, SC (and advertising 3 yr warranty)
          NEW YAMAHA 300 HP 4STROKE F300XCA 3 YR WARRANTY!! - eBay (item 220698891897 end time Mar-18-11 13:29:15 PDT)

As well as other dealers, such as Nichols Marine, Chattanooga, TN who sell engines in a crate. (Google it)

And I don't believe I said that I wasn't going to let my local Yamaha dealer do the rigging, did I? My local dealer was restricted, by Yamaha, from selling loose engines; only packages. I did not want an engine with a boat under it, just an engine for my boat AND I wanted a Yamaha. The district rep, as I said before, hooked me up with the nearest dealer who had crate engines and everything was done ABOVE BOARD. And this engine WILL be properly registered for warranty purposes.

Because I value hard work and honest pay, I shop around for the best deals such as Yamaha engines and gauges. If that somehow offends your sensitivities that I would shop around for my engine and gauge package, then so be it. I happen to like my local dealer and will do business with him and he has no qualms about making honest wages off of an install.

Comment

doesnt offend me at all.
            I am all for saving money.
            dealerships that get yamaha by taking on pre-rigged boat packages cannot order loose engines from yamaha.
            only dealers that stock loose engines.
            however by franchise contract loose engine dealers cannot simply sell a motor in the crate and load it into the back of a customers truck.
            suzuki and some others have had this requirement for many years.

over the years I have had some issues with engines sold via the internet from dealers selling out the back door.
            two memorable ones.
            225 EFI suzuki,failure to properly bleed the oil pump, result failed powerhead and no factory warrenty due to incorrect installation.
            2nd was a 200 HPDI sold out the back door and customer mounted.
            same issue, failure due to lack of oil. same warrenty results.

both engines had less than 1 hour run time,both had catastrophic failures, neither was honored under factory warrenty.

we had enough problems with actual dealerships that could not properly drain and refill the V-8 gearcase and could not properly bleed the oil pump and lines on the HPDI,especialy the 3.3L.

when yamaha has to send out a tech bulliten on how to properly drain and fill a gear case or bleed an oil system it tells me to many techs are not reading the service manual.

Comment

listen to rodbolt
              he will save you time and $$$$$$$$$$$

i'm glad he is on here so i can sleep at night, LOL
              WWW.SWITCHBAIT.COM

Comment

Working...
              X