95 90HP power loss in rough water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 90HP power loss in rough water

I have a 95 90HP 2 stroke ... 2 years ago it started to lose power when riding in rough water ... otherwise the motor performs beautifully ... when we are really slapping waves ... the engine will lose power and will only run very slow ... no alarms ... no advanced warning ... If you let it sit for 1/2 to 1 hour. The motor will run perfectly ... This is scary ... do not want to get stranded on large lakes ... any hope ????

when was the last time you tested the alarm system to make sure it sounds off on overheat and oil level?

Do you have a service manual and the equipment needed to troubleshoot?

Could be fuel problems as the tank gets shook up water or trash plugs filters or sucking air, Hard to prove that but checking all connections and filters might help. Testing with pressure/vacuum gauge may show something.

Electrical problems from pounding could be connectors, but with the motor on the back it does not get bounced around that bad like the rest of the boat. If it is oil injected then check to make sure the level switches,connectors, pump,and oil filter are in good shape along with the alarms system as it sounds like it is going into safe mode but alarm is not sounding.
    Just some thoughts

Comment

Probably need to get a manual don't have one .. I will try to figure out if the alarms work ... It is oil injected I will try what you suggested ... We still have many inches of snow on the ground (MN) so as soon as it warms ... I will check things out ! Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X