Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 07 yamaha 70 hp , rough idle and trim noise

07 yamaha 70 hp , rough idle and trim noise
    I have a like brand new 07 yamaha 70 hp. Lately it is idling rough until I get to about 2000 rpms. Had a mechanic look at it he told me that I had trash in one or more of the low speed "what ever you would call its". He took the cowl off and told me that they were sealed and that I would have to leave it with him. Time did not allow me to leave it. Any remarks on his expertise and is that something that I could attempt myself ?? Next thing is that I am getting a very loud "clicking or popping" when I trim down while running ??? I can come out of the hole while uptrimming with no problem, but when running I get horrible sounding clicking when downtrimming ???? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The carbs probably need to be removed and cleaned.
    You might put some grease on the ends of the short trim rams where they come in contact with outboard bracket to solve the popping noise and graese the grease fittings in bracket.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hey that might be exactly where the noise is coming from when I trim. Never thought to address that area. And the carbs will come off for a cleaning, in fact I found that there was a little oil on the bottom carb and I feel like that is the one that is causing a little rough idle. I have been scratching my head on the trim problem and getting no help from mechanics!!! I will try to grease the areas you mentioned and see what happens. THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!!! It will be a couple of weeks before I get back to the lake to try it , but will post the results. Again thank you for your help, I am breathing a sigh of relief because I think you solved my dilima. Yahooooo !!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X