Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha F150 and digital guages

Hi All,

As a proud owner of my second Yamaha 4 stroke I am keen to hook up some digital guages to my F150. Firstly I am currently importing the boat and outboard from the States and is some where in the ocean between South Carolina and my home town of Sydney, Australia.

The boat has a 2008 F150TLR fitted and I have just bought 3 Square Digital Lan guages. They are the following :- SPEED (6Y8S-01), TACH (6Y8T-01) AND FUEL (6Y8F-01) and the lan bus bar (6Y8-81920-01).

The new boat is rigged with Yamaha analogue guages (speed,rpm and trim). My question is what will I need to get guages working? With out the boat in my possesion yet I cannot see what is hooked up to the analogue guages.

Does the fuel guage collect its info off the outboards computer(ECM) or require a inline fuel flow transmitter? From what i can figure I will requir an harness from the outboard to the Lan bus bar.

I appreciate any info you all can provide.

Cheers

Aaron

if it did not come with the kit, you will need the 12V power lead,3 pigtails.
    pigtails are guage to buss harness's and lenth is user determined.
    you will need a main buss harness,engine to hub, lenth again is user determined.
    for the trim, under the hood there is a small pink single wire with a white plastic connector.
    if its unplugged plug it back in,if its plugged together unplug it.
    the fuel level is a function of the fuel sender.
    the rest of the fuel calculations are a function of the ECU.
    you will also need the speedometer/water pressure fitting kit.

Comment

Gday All,

Any chance of supplying me with some part numbers to order the correct loom. As per above post, I have the guages and lan bus bar as well as the connectors from guages to lan bus.
      Rodbolt, thanks for the heads up re the pink wire and trim indication.

Ordering as soon as I get the correct part no's. I think I will need around 10 ft lead from outboard to under console to be safe.

I appreciate your assistance

Cheers

Comment

6Y8-83553-01-00 POWER HARNESS
        6Y8-8356N-01-00 FUEL SENDER/GPS LEAD
        60V-8A4L1-11-00 SPEED SENSOR
        6Y8-81920-11-00 INLINE HUB

Need one pigtail bus wire to go between engine and inline hub, need 3 pigtails to go between multihub and each gauge. Your choise of pigtail bus wires lengths are:
        6Y8-82521-01-00 1FT
        6Y8-82521-11-00 2FT
        6Y8-82521-21-00 3FT
        6Y8-82521-31-00 6FT
        6Y8-82521-41-00 9FT
        6Y8-82521-51-00 12FT

Need one main bus wire to go between inline hub and multihub at console,
        6Y8-82553-01-00 1FT
        6Y8-82553-50-00 10FT
        6Y8-82553-11-00 15FT
        6Y8-82553-21-00 20FT
        6Y8-82553-31-00 25FT
        6Y8-82553-41-00 30FT
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.

Just one more question, where does one typically install the inline hub? Does the power harness, fuel sender /gps lead, speed sensor lead have long enough length to run from repsective areas to a centre console? Boat length is 18'6.

Was thinking of having the inline hub in under the console, use a 1 ft jumper to the multihub and the guages running of it but unsure if these other harnesses will allow for this setup. Dont want to order to short etc.

Cheers

Aaron

Comment

The longest Pigtail Bus wire available is 12 ft so the inline hub will have to be in transom area of boat. Yes the power and Fuel sender leads should be long enough.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Got hold of the installation guide for the guages.

Can you tell me what the purpose of the 6Y8-81920-11-00 Inline hub is for? It looks like a resistor in a plug housing? Not trying to second guess but better understand the setup.

Its not for the single hub setup??

regards

Aaron

Comment

The inline takes the place of a multi hub at transom, if not using optional transducer or triducer then only need an inline.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
                X