Idles fine boging down @ mid range speeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idles fine boging down @ mid range speeds

250 Salt Water series 1994. I just replaced the power head. The carbs set for a year. Put it all back together and it started but ran really rough.
    I pulled the carbs of and cleaned (overnight in carb cleaner and air presure)them and put new carb kits in them. Runs great at idle and up to about 1500 rpm but when throttled up it bogs down and eventually catches up but only to about 4000 rpm. It won't run in the mid range 2000-3800 rpm. It never dies just bogs down with no power. Low end power is great. I am also running 2x the oil because of break in time.

Fuel pumps?
    Computer ignition?
    Check valve?
    Bad Fuel?

Any help would be great

tenious,
    If there is any question about bad fuel, replace it - more than three months old, do it.
    When you tore down the carbs, did you completely remove the needels out of the jets and clean out the seats? If not, then you can remove them without pulling the carbs - squirt some Berryman's Chemtool into the seats and check the needles. Set those needles to what the Yamaha shop manual recommends.
    I would suspect fuel pumps - if those are the original, I would replace them - also, check/replace all fuel filters. Hopefully, you are experiencing a fuel starvation problem and not ignition.
    Adjust carb linkage per the manual.
    When you go full throttle and the motor does not respond, try squeezing the primer bulb to see if that makes any difference.
    Good luck,
    Ken K

Comment

Working...
    X