SPEEDNOMETER QUESTION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPEEDNOMETER QUESTION

where does the tube go from the back of the meter to where?mine stopped working. only thing on back of boat is for the fish finder. motor is 2001 yam 200 ox 66 saltwater series on a 2001 seapro w/a 21ft. my old boats had someting mounted on back of boat. how do i fix it? thanks in advance

yammies have a built in speedo tube/hole, runs up from lower unit ,thru center of the motor pivot tube and should be somewhere in your harness. remove cowling and look for it under intake area.. you can also install a pitot tube on transom.

Comment

Chris,
      There is a water pressure pick-up hole drilled in the leading edge of the lower unit for your speedometer. The speedo tube should be visible at the bottom of the upper casing leading edge. There is a bullet connector there - should be two tie wraps around the bullet connector - cut one of them and pull the connector apart.
      Take a small diameter wire and run into the water pressure hole to clean out any debris. Now try blowing on the tube that leads down to the lower unit - you shold be able to blow a little bit of air thru the passage way.
      Reconnect the bullet connector - hopefully this will fix your speedometer. If not, then check the tube connection at the back of the gauge for tightness.
      Good luck,
      Ken K

Comment

THANKS GUYS

Comment

Working...
        X