yamaha dual station reverse problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha dual station reverse problem

i have a 2000 flats boat with a tower with a 89 200 yamaha, from either shifter when i put in reverse afetr a second or two the alarm sounds and the box takes the engine out of reverse please help im asumming it mite need some sort of adjustment, forward works fine

either the cable is worn or the shift linkage is out of adjustment or the actuator TPS is failing.

Comment

thank you, just a few Q um witch cable? witch shift linkage, location of tps?
      do you know were i can quickly aquire a set up manuel or repair manuel thanks for the help

Comment

seeing how its a shift alarm its a shift cable.
        each control box has a device just like a TPS.
        about the only place to get info is the 06-07 rigging guide.
        I wont be back to work until next monday, doing a Volvo catalyst engine school this week.
        whats happening is the two position sensors are not sending the shift actuator ECU the correct info and its kicking to the N position and triggering an alarm.

Comment

thanks for all your help so far i will look into things in the mean time see if i can find some thing out of adjustment my email is holeshotonagsxr@yahoo.com if ya need it to send me any thing ie pdf of the set up manuel are ya thinkin i mite need new tps or cables or just make sure all is lined up properly thanks alot rodbolt tarpon season is comin fast and need reverse badly thanks again

Comment

hey rodbolt i still havent been able to figure it out plz help do you know were i can get a set up manuel at or a little walk thru thanks

Comment

rod bolt thanks for all the help not i was lucky enuff to figure it out

Comment

dude, what?
                ya think I get paid to type?
                I told you where to find the information.
                its not complicated but it is involved and I am simply not going to type that long .\
                especially when even 90% of trained techs cant interpet a multi-meter and cant deal with simple feed back systems.
                glad ya got it though.
                and I told you the week you had the issue I was going to spend the next week driving 4 hours a day to spend 8 hours a day in a Volvo catalyst engine course.

Comment

how was that CAT school?

i did it like 3 years ago
                  WWW.SWITCHBAIT.COM

Comment

Working...
                  X