Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha motor help?

Hey guys,
    I'm new to this place and Ive been looking every where for help!
    I recently purchased a motor from auction and the model plates were removed
    but on one side it does have a year of 04/97. I am trying to purchase parts for it but no one can help since i don't know the model, it looks like a v-max cowling
    but the cowling was also sanded down and painted and decals removed and replaced with mailbox stickers that read 150hp. I looked all inside the motor also for a serial # that would work but cant find a thing matching, does anyone
    know how i can distinguish the model or any other way i can tell or find out.
    balboa

post as many pics as possible to help

Comment

Sounds like a hot motor( stolen) hopefully it was at a police auction and you have papers on all transactions. I myself will not touch one without all the plates and documentation.

Comment

pictures,pictures and more pictures of the sides,front and back and top.
        preferably with the air box,flywheel cover and rear ECU covers removed.

Comment

thanks , ill post them today and yea yam40 i have paper work and siesure #s .It was purchased off a homeland security auction so if it was hot before its clean and legal now
          balboa

Comment

That is great! How much did you get it for?

Comment

i got it for $ 1000.00 hey yam40 ihow do i post pictures? it says i need a url?
              and at the bottom it says i may not post attachments
              Last edited by balboa7813; 03-02-2011, 11:31 AM.
              balboa

Comment

March 2, 2011 | Facebook

this is the only way i could get pics on here,can someone tell me if it worked?
                balboa

Comment

yes it worked and this is strange as I can not manage attachments anymore either.

all it says is"You may not post attachments"

Comment

Looks just like my S200's. Man someone has had there mitts all over it. Oiler's missing, wires all over the place. Did you pay $1000 for boat, motor & trailer?
                    1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
                    1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

no just for the motor,i had an older 150 pro v on it so im in the process of trying to rewire it and boy is it giving me a heAD ache. the oil resivoir is hanging on the side i was just checking if wires to the pump were working
                      balboa

Comment

looks like a plain jane 2.6L v6 from about 1995 to about 2005.
                        you cant test the oil transfer for automatic with out the engine running.
                        as close as you can test with Key ON engine OFF is the 180 second engine tank fill.
                        for the engine tank switch to work the oil control module in the ECU has to have a run signal from the pulser coils.
                        you can put it all back together,fill the remote tank.
                        turn the key on.
                        you should have 3 bars flashing,audible alarm singing and the transfer pump whiniing for 180 seconds.

Comment

RODBOLT 17 I ADDED ANOTHER PICTURE OF THE COWLING!!! DO REGULAR 2.6 L HAVE THE SAME COWLING? I WAS THINKING IT MIGHT BE A V-MAX
                          balboa

Comment

Working...
                          X