2002 90hp Exhaust question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 90hp Exhaust question

Should there be any exhaust or water coming from the two holes on the back of the engine about half way down? For some reason, I think there should be something coming out of there. I have good water pressure coming from the pig tail and from the prop. Any suggestions? Thanks

rj,
    Very little water comes out of the two little holes on my C115 also - there is always some exhaust that comes out.
    I believe the only water that comes out of those holes has to come from the pressure relief valve (PRV). The PRV is designed to open when the pressure gets too great (I believe 25 pounds) in the cooling system.
    If you have water dumping out of these two holes all the time, it is a sign that the PRV is stuck open, and most of the cooling water is bypassing the water jackets of the cylinder assy and heads and that,of course, leads to overheat condition.
    You are more likely to see a little water coming from these holes when you first start the outboard and it is cold and the thermostats are not open yet, giving you more water pressure in the cooling jackets.
    Hope this helps,
    Ken K

Comment

Thanks Ken. Just making sure I wasn't experiencing any water pump issues.

Comment

Working...
      X