2000 200 hpdi oil pumping problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 200 hpdi oil pumping problems

PUMP IN THE REMOTE TANK RUNS but does not supply oil to the motor tank. The little filter on the back of the remote tank replaced Tank removed and flushed out, installed and fresh oil added. Tank on motor, float sencer checks per manual . Emergency switch ok When key is in on position and switch is activated pump runs. When pump is tested it will run in both directions.
    Book says to remove the little hose that conects the electric soliniod pump bolted to the side of motor to the VST tank run motor and oil should flow out that hose. It does not, however that hose only supplies oil to the VST Tank Was told by mechanic that the engine has to run quite awhile before any oil would come from that hose and that the electric solinoid pump rearely goes bad.

Does the remote tank pump have to be primed or will it pick up on its own ??
    Does the little electric soliniod pump on the motor have any control in the filling of the motor tank ? Is there a test for this pump ?

if the pump runs odds are a line is pincheched or the lines between the tank and the VST oil pump has nothing to do with the oiling system.
    at low speed it does not run.
    at high speed it delivers oil to the VST at about a 1500/1 gasoline oil ratio.
    this provides some lubrication to the HP pump and injectors.

Comment

I'm Chasing the same problem. I have twin Hpdi 250s one pumps drops about 1 drop per second at 2000 rpms and one motor drops nothing. I took the hose off between the vst tank and oil pump and am un able to blow air thru line by mouth however a air compresser blows thru fine. My question is what controls the voltage to this pump? I have reved all the way up to 3,000 rpm and am still not getting any voltage to pump.

Comment

you probably need to start a new thread with all your info and questions

Comment

Make sure your hoses are hooked to pump right. Oil direction flow arrow on pump. remove oil out hose and run the pump to get the air out. A weak pump can run but not fast enough to pump. Good luck

Comment

Working...
          X