No announcement yet.

Grease fittings on '98 c90tlrw (90 hp)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grease fittings on '98 c90tlrw (90 hp)

Good People

Is there a grease fitting on a 1998 90 hp (c90TLRW) to lubricate the engine swivel point on the transom mount. I can find no zerk fittings on my engine. Thanks for your reply. Bob T.

Look here
    Yamaha Outboard Parts 1998 C90TLRW BRACKET 1 Diagram

#22 on diagram
    They may have a small plastic cap over them.

Comment

You have to tilt the motor up a bit to get at that zerk. Mine has a little black rubber cap over it. Good Luck!

Comment

Thanks for the assistance

Thanks for the help in locating the zerk fittings. I assume that not only will this aid the swivel of the engine but the lubrication of the steering cable as well. Thanks again Bob

Comment

That zerk greases the motor swivel but not the steering cable. If you're not having any steering/cable problems then don't worry about it. If your cable is corroded or sticking then better buy a new cable. My 1999 90C still has the original steering cable and it works very smoothly. I think some saltwater motors may have more cable corrosion problems than freshwater. Some motors have a zerk fitting on that big nut where the cable connects to the motor bracket, in fact you can buy the nut with the zerk to replace yours with if cable lubrication seems to be an issue. Good Luck!~

Comment

Still need help locating another grease fitting

Hello Robert;

Thanks for the help in locating the grease fittings that service the steering cable. I did have a frozen cable in the past due to hardened grease and corrosion and replacement of the cable was necessary. However I can not find a fitting where the engine swivels side to side. I have tilted the engine up in search of such fitting and even removed the cowling to see if one was inside. Ideas? All I see is dried grease. Thanks in advance for your thoughts. Bob T.

1998 90 hp C90TLRW (pharmsc@aol.com)

Comment

Working...
            X