2001 VMAX high pressure fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 VMAX high pressure fuel pump

My 01 Vmax 225 high pressure fuel pump quit working. My main relay is working and I have good voltage the pump. It acts like I don't have a negative as I can hook a negative from batt and the pump will run but not when the key is turned on. My resistor ohmed out at .7 ohms, could this be the problem.
    Thanks, for any help

Go to www.Yamahapubs.com and order yourself a service manual for your motor, it'll have the troubleshooting guide in there that will help you correctly analyse the problem.

Mike

Comment

Sham,
      I would look for poor electrical connections at the fuel pump relay and at the pump itself. Is the fuel pump motor grounded to the engine block thru a mounting bolt, or by a ground wire? If by a wire, check it.
      Good luck,
      Ken K

Comment

the pump is supplied 12 volt all the time and the ecm gives it ground to run.

Comment

hi there.. i have the same issue on my 1999 225 0x66 vmax i had a mobil monkey come out and he said its the fuel pump he disconnected it from the wiring harness and hooked it direct to the battery and still had a issue i also was loosing the ground to the pump i grounded it my self it would run for awhile then start to run like crap. rodbolt said to check the amp draw on the pump it should not pull over 4 amps if it does its over loading the ecu and it will shut down the ecu controls the ground so check amp draw on your fuel pump...i have not been able to check mine again due to been busy with a new family member a 3 month old baby boy!!!!! keep me in touch on what you find out with your issue thanks....andy

Comment

This is an old thread(2005)
            It is not worth the time to drag it back up

Comment

Usefull thread. No harm bringing it back up. May save time by not repeating the same questions/responses already asked No need to dis diesel.
              1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
              1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

thanks for the comment...this site is amazing alot of good info..i have found some threads that are close to my issue...any feed back is a great help. thanks Tucker..

Comment

Working...
                X