No water from Tell Tail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No water from Tell Tail

I have a 93' 55hp Yami. Havent ran the boat in 6 weeks, so I wanted to go out tomorrow. Hooked up the earmuffs, turned on the water, pumped the bulb until hard, It started right up. 25-30 secs go by, NO WATER from the tell tail.
    Just had new impeller installed in Oct 10'

Any thoughts?
    Recommendations??

THANKS!!!

check the tell tail for plugging, insects like to build nests in them.
    A piece of heavy mono or weed whacker line usually works or blow into it with compressed air.

Comment

I went out about 2 hrs later yesterday, started the motor, tried the weed line, and I did get a small stream.
      Tried it again this afternoon, NO WATER. Took off the hose inside and blew into it. A bit of water came out but not much. Kept trying to get water, and the alarm came on, so I turned it off. An hour later, turned switch on (no alarm) so I started it. A little water for a few seconds, then the stream got stronger. Ran it for about 5 mins, good stream of water.
      I think I need to put it in the water and run it.

Comment

The tell tail is just an indicator of water pump working.
        If it was over heating then you have a problem with the water pump or blockage in the cooling passages that needs attention.
        A plugged up tell tail will not cause over heat

Comment

bugs bugs

small wire paper clip or some thing i thought they were kidding until i pulled the hose and there were 20 [pklus larva in there

Comment

Working...
          X