F350 Engine Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F350 Engine Data

We have just repowered with a single F350 (from a Suzuki DF300)and have had it connected up to a NMEA 2000 network which has 2-Lowrance LMC400 digital guages & twin Raymarine E120 all connected up on the NMEA network. Note we dont have any of the Yamaha guages installed, just the NMEA2000 guages.

We are getting engine date up on all the screens (Hrs, Fuel rate, coolant temp, trim etc) but we cant get "Total fuel" (ie total fuel used), which we really need and found to be very accurate on with the Suzuki as we have no fuel guages.

Can anyobe advise as to whether "Total Fuel used" info should be available. If not can anyone recomend NMEA fuel level sender, that we could have installed.

Cheers
    Horto

its not the fuel level senders.
    its going to depend on how the lowrance is set to accept fuel flow rate.
    the F350 ECU calculates it based on injector on time.
    we cant get much information from either lowrance or Yamaha.
    one says they did not manufacture nor support the guage package the other says they dont make the engine ECU.
    if your getting a data display it means the engine ECU is communicating with the device.

Comment

Thanks Rodbolt

Yes engine is definately comunicating over the NMEA2000 network as we are getting lots of data just not Total Fuel used. Do you now if Total Fuel or Fuel used, is available or displayed when ussing Yamaha Command Plus digital display?

We always fill our tanks before ofshore trips so we know how much fuel we start with but without knowing what we have used we dont know how much we have left.

If Total fuel used can be displayed on yamaha Comand plus digital display we will install one other wise we will need to look into fuel level guages.

Cheers
      Horto

Comment

on command link, yes total fuel is displayed on the speedo, not sure on command link plus.
        my fuel sender doesnt work properly on my 21 seapro.
        my command link shows total fuel burned and its very accurate.

Comment

I managed to download command plus lcd display user manual and yes it will show total fuel used, and I suspect it is needed to configure engine data and once this has been done then info will appear on the other screens, so looks like we will need to install one. Anyone no best place to buy one?

Cheers Horto

Comment

install one what????
            the fuel sender does NOT feed data as to fuel burn rate or total fuel used.
            fuel level sender just shows fuel level in the tank.

Comment

Working...
            X