command link gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• command link gauges

Hi Guys, new to this very helpful forum, hope I can contribute as well as have some questions answered. I'll start with a question about the command link gauges. I have the F150 installed in July of 2006 but shows the model was made in 2005 so I believe I cannot access these gauges. When in 2006 did the gauges come out when were the they able to get the info from the F150 and what information was accessible? Has anyone purchased the new props from yamaha that reduces the "in gear clunk" yamaha is infamous for? Any truth to the info that the F150 should not run a prop with a bigger diameter than 14"?
    I guess that is a lot of questions for my first time, so I'll give it a rest and look forward to hearing from you. Cheers, trappers

Not sure how the Canadian models are but the US models if the model number has four leters on end of model number(F150TXRD) then it would be 2005 or older and Command Link compatable, if model number has three letters like F150TXR then it's 2006 or newer and will work with Command Link.
    The lighter the prop the less noise you will get from it, if it's clunking load then may be idled too high or prop is loose. The Yamaha Reliance Series SS prop works well on the F150 and some of them are 14 1/4 inch diameter.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

command link gauges

Thanks for your reply so quickly! Yes I have the Reliance ss prop it works well but does clunk a bit engaging in gear with no looseness in the prop. Just wondering what info comes from the F150 to the CL gauges. Much thanks, trappers

Comment

Working...
      X