?'s about VST tanks and Low Pressure fuel pumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?'s about VST tanks and Low Pressure fuel pumps

I recently purchased a yamaha 225 OX66 saltwater series engine ( 2002 ) I have a couple of questions if anyone might know the answers it sure would be appreciated. Thanks Rob

#1 Since sediment somehow remarkably ends up in the VST tank do u think it would be a good idea to always drain the VST tank ( with the small drain plug ) before you lay the engine up for its winter nap??

#2 I am a loyal fan of inboards ( chevy engines ) I have recently purchased a 25' with a 2002 225 hp Yama SX225TXRA engine on it. With all the work keeping these outboards running properly why do people purchase outboards instead of the dependable inboards??

#3 How often or how many hours should one consider replacing these fuel filters on the engine??

#4 How often should the 3 low pressure fuel pumps be replaced or rebuilt??

#5 When rebuilding the 3 low pressure fuel pumps what actually inside the pump should I replace with new parts?

Thanks a million

Rob

get in a habit of regularly draining VST to rid of any debris caused by ethanol and/or water
    yes drain for winter but ALWAYS refill by ball/hand before starting
    i regularly drain my water separators and inspect for water etc
    most will suggest just buying the whole low pressure pump rather than rebuild

Comment

you could not give me a I/O boat..many of them around here and no one wants them..they sell for about half what an equal boat with outboard sells for. Every friend I know that ever had a I/O had constant issues. I have had carbbed outboards for years..with very little maintenance...EFI/DI is a whole new world though..
      Change filters at least annually, twice a year if you use the boat a lot. clean VST yearly...I have heard of some people that send their injectors off yearly for cleaning. ethanol sux bad..on a side note I think I found a station near my house that sells %100 gas. I will find out for sure tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
      X