Yamaha 6Y5-85752-01 fuel sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 6Y5-85752-01 fuel sensor

Have 2 on a 2001 power cat. I repaired these before, they were not working due to bad connections. Worked for @ 2 months, then one quit, then the other went intermittent, now both done. Connections still looked good although the wiring from the sensor is black, probably corrosion. That being said, I have a ground wire, a wire with @ 5vdc and a wire with @ 2.5vdc. When the 2.5 vdc is grounded repeatedly, the fuel management gauge registers flow. Therefore, I am assuming, 5vdc is power, ground is ground and between the 2.5vdc and the ground would be a 2.5vdc square wave and the gauge reads the frequency. Is this correct? Can it be bench tested with a power supply and just a meter that reads DC frequency?

the plate that holds the sensor wireing.
    is it held on with 3 screws or 4 ?

Comment

4 screws holding the plate

Comment

4 screws is ok.
        not much in there yes its a simple square wave generator.
        the faster the paddle wheel travels through the 5v magnetic field the higher the frequency.
        could it be bench tested?
        I guess if you hook up a 5V reference and spin the paddle wheel.

Comment

I had the same issue,replaced both sensors I thought that ethanol had eaten the insides but discovered that that harness had a short! A wire had rubbed against a piece of glass,The easiest thing to do is replace the harness,I paid abour $65.

Comment

Working...
          X