Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb cleaner -40hp yamaha 3 cylinder auto lube

Hi Guys
    Hope you can help?I have a 40hp long shaft ,3 cylinder manual start tiller arm two stroke bought new October 2010 .I have an issue with the motor in as much that it "two strokes " at low revs .I have been told by " experts" that it comes down to dirty carbs .I would like you opinion on the quicksilver carb cleaner that one adds to your fuel tank.IE. will this effect the two stroke oil or will it effect the linings etc of the pistons and block and lastly is it effective .I do not want to take the carbs off and I know if I took it back to the dealer I will be in for an arm and leg .Maybe you can recommend something else?
    look forward to your reply .
    Kind regards
    Pierre Oosthuizen
    Kommetjie
    South Africa

gotta have a better descreption.
    its a TWO stroke engine.
    its supposed to run on 2 strokes.
    if the carbs are dirty on 5 month old motor the rest of your fuel system is nasty as well.
    a clear picture of the starboard side of the carbs would be very helpful as well.
    international motors may not have the US EPA plug over the air fuel mixture screws.

Comment

What does "I have an issue with the motor in as much that it "two strokes " at low revs" mean?
      Are you trying to say it only runs on 2 cylinders?

Comment

Yes that is basically what does happen

Comment

I have had since day one an additional in line fuel filter fitted

Comment

Does this motor get run very often or does it sit for long periods of time between runs?

when did it last run properly?

Comment

Working...
            X