yamaha 250 hpdi alarm for no reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha 250 hpdi alarm for no reason

I have an intermintent beeping alarm only when the control is in neutral. The boat runs fine. If I put it in gear the alarm stops sounding, with or without the motor running? Puzzled!

check to see if your kill switch works correctly, then possibly your neutral stop in your 704.

Comment

FYI, yamaha customer service sucks, no one including my local dealers rep, knew that there was a signal for that, they all said it had to be a short. Luckily by proccess of elimination I figured out that HPDI's have a low feul sensor on the bottom of the feul bowl thats located under the motor cowling. It will send a signal if the boat is out of gas to tell you do not start the boat. It quits in gear because the boat will not start in gear. Any how mine was stuck.

Comment

Randy,
        I'm glad you figured out your problem - that's what this forum is all about - Yamaha owners helping each other out when we can't get answers anyplace else.
        Did your owners manual say anything about the low fuel sensor on the fuel bowl? I can understand it would not be good for the HPDI injector pump to be run dry. How did you get the sensor un-stuck?
        Ken K

Comment

Nothing in the manual at all! The yamaha reps had no clue, Bill from Rose Marine in Michigan called his dealer rep, no clue. I figured out with a little luck and comon sense. The neutral position switch on the motor used blue and black wires, and with it unplugged I had no alarm, so I traced all the wires of that color pair, which led me to the feul bowl on the side of the motor. I unplugged it poured it out and the alarm was gone. It also senses water in the feul.

Comment

Randy,
            Way to go! You are now a (un)certified Yamaha marine mechanic!
            Seriously, nice troubleshooting there - I know the frustration when you can't get the answer out of the manual or from marine mechanics - I fought a starter problem (would not engage flywheel about every third hit) on my 2000 C115 for four years before I fixed it myself.
            These Yammies are great motors, but they can get frustrating sometimes to fix - but that probably is true for all outboards.
            Good luck,
            Ken K

Comment

Working...
            X