Starting amp draw for 115 2s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting amp draw for 115 2s

Anyone know offhand approx what amps a 115 s2 draws on start? thanks!

I have never tried to measure the amps on an outboard starter, but it will depend on the voltage that the motor is seeing at the time and the load on it(cold or warm).
    The size and condition of the battery and the length and size of the cables will make a big difference also. The more resistance will mean lower volts and then more amps are needed to do the work(turn the motor over).

I know that does not help , but maybe someone with a 115 will pull the kill switch on theirs and spin it over while measuring with a DC amp meter

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      I have never tried to measure the amps on an outboard starter, but it will depend on the voltage that the motor is seeing at the time and the load on it(cold or warm).
      The size and condition of the battery and the length and size of the cables will make a big difference also. The more resistance will mean lower volts and then more amps are needed to do the work(turn the motor over).

I know that does not help , but maybe someone with a 115 will pull the kill switch on theirs and spin it over while measuring with a DC amp meter
      I understand. Was just thinking someone might have an idea, under avg conditions.

Comment

Working...
      X