From the voltage regulator sending wire green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the voltage regulator sending wire green

How many volts goes through this? How can I check to see where this wire is going. Can I put 12volts through green wire, unplug the tach first obviously and try and find the green with 12volts near steering wheel area. Thought I found the green wire under the dash but it's 8pin harness. Can i find the wire without running the motor and doing volt check. If I have no luck what kinds of readings will sending wire show, like 12 pulses of 12volts.

NO NO STOP.
    the green wres from the lighting coil are AC voltages, they can reach almost 50 volts unloaded.
    the dark green wire in your 8 pin harness is tach send.
    voltage is AC and will vary with engine rpm.
    typically the rectifier and the battery will keep the voltage lower.

Comment

Great AC voltage it is

So when im running the motor and checking the grey sending wire to see if they spliced or something can I check with my $3 HarborF volt meter? I could try and pull down the wires to see what has been done behind fwd,neutral,reverse shifter thingy I would need to disco the cable though. Also if I want to check the rectifier what settings on my VOM should I have. I played around little bit also should the battery be hooked up while doing this. Something ive noticed when hooking the battery I get a spark when attaching the black neg last to get hooked up, not big motor wire but an accessory I think. I did pull the red wire off rectifier to see if finding the harness was possible but im getting 12volts on all of them under dash humm. Someone has spliced this im pretty sure.

Comment

Working...
      X