WANTED: Lower Unit for a 1994 200 TXRS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED: Lower Unit for a 1994 200 TXRS

Hey everyone, I'm new here and thought I would give this a shot before coughing up $2,100 on a new lower.

Looking for a good condition used/rebuilt lower for a 1994 200 TXRS.

Old Keyser
    Islamorada, FL Keys

Rebuilt lower unit w/warrenty

Certainly worth a try.
    If it doesn't work, look some more for a rebuilt gearcase. For example, there is a place called Atlantic Gearcase Exchange up here in VA that was listing a rebuilt Honda 225 lower unit for $1600 today. They have a longer warrenty on their rebuilt units than on the new Honda lower units they also sell (they are an authorized Honda dealer, as well).
    I work for a research institution running boats out to VA barrier islands so we put a fair amount of hours on them and we bought one of these about 1 1/2 years ago. No problems so far. They work on USCG and other law enforcement boats quite a bit, too. Don't know if they do Yammies.

Another lead - I lived in Key Largo awhile back and had to get a lower unit replaced on a 150 Evinrude. There was a business called Strictly Outboards, run by a guy named John Belcher, that a neighbor told me about. He sold me a lower unit for $500 back in 2000. It turned out it was the wrong year gearcase and I had to get the shift shaft shortened an inch or so and some new threads cut, but after several practice cut and fit installs (which I did myself), I got it to work fine. So, I wouldn't give him my wholehearted approval, but it did work out being a lot cheaper. Don't have any contact info for him.

Comment

You have yamaha 200 correct

Maybe SEI makes them aftermarket brand new, add oil to lower unit when it comes. $900 it might be worth a shot, just search ebay or do google search.

Comment

SEI does make a new unit for that engine.
        you may google SEI and contact them.
        the warrenty is awesome and it comes complete less the water intake screens but with a water pump.

Comment

Working...
        X