No announcement yet.

Yamaha 40 Blown Powerhead / What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and how or even why is this a corperate Yamaha issue??
    you bought a used motor from a yamaha dealership as is no warrenty.
    if you bought a used chevy from the chevy dealership,as is no warrenty, and the engine blew up it would not involve General Motors.
    however if the engine meets certain criteria and purchased from an autherized dealer you could possibly have PURCHASED a factory warrenty from corperate yamaha and you would not be posting.
    but you did not.
    its possibly an unscrupulous dealer but they broke no franchise rules.
    no franchise rules on selling used motors, just new ones.

Comment

Warranty

RB17

That is the whole point of this. I did purchase a used Yamaha motor that I was told had two years of factory warranty remaining. Yet little did they tell me that the motor was previously over heated so severely that the warranty would not be honored nor did they tell me that the motor was sold at auction and was never registered correctly to even be eligible for warranty. Yet they replaced the head gasket prior to my purchase and were reimbursed by Yamaha for the work they performed under a factory warranty claim. So what is good for the goose is not good for the gander. It comes down to the fact not only did they mislead me about the motors condition and warranty status but also they made a improper claim to Yamaha as well. They know the system well enough to not raise any red flags because if a repair is under a certain dollar amount no one blinks an eye at corporate. Once I make a bigger claim then the microscope comes out. I actually have a photo that clearly shows the scored paint on the head sitting in their showroom before it was shipped to me.

Hopefully this sheds some light the situation.

Comment

sounds like its an issue between you and the dealer.
        corperate Yamaha paid the dealer to repair it and possibly that did not happen or did not happen correctly.
        thats the problem buying used stuff online.
        leaves little recourse.

Comment

Exactly, that is what Yamaha customer service said that I needed to work it out with the selling dealer. Yet they sold me a used motor with a factory warranty that they transferred into my name that was not valid. Yamaha CS said that they never should have allowed the warranty repair performed by the selling dealer in the first place. It presents a quite a conundrum from a legal point of view.
          So it ends up I get to take the bullet and the dealer walks away. I have learned an expensive lesson and want to make sure no one else is taken advantage of by this particular dealer in the future.

Comment

Working...
          X