manual lift of 50hp Yamaha?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manual lift of 50hp Yamaha?

My PTT motor has gone out and I need to raise 50 hp motor to access the PTT motor. Can anyone tell me how to manually raise a 50 hp Yamaha?

On the right(starboard) motor bracket you will see a large slot head screw which you can loosen to manually lift your motor. The screw has left hand threads, so to loosen you will turn it clockwise. Good Luck!

Comment

My C40 has the access to the manual release screw through a hole in the left side mounting bracket as looking at it from behind the motor.
      unscrew it fully and then lift and set the tilt lock into place to hold it up

Comment

thanks

Thanks for the info - mission accomplished. Now, I'm trying to remove the tilt stud bolt so I can remove the PTT motor. I'm having trouble with the stud bolt - does anyone have any tricks for removing it? It looks as though it just slides out but I'm pounding it to no avail. Any info would be appreciate.

Comment

What are you trying to do?
          If you pull the top pin the unit will swing out away from the boat far enough to get to the T&T motor mounting bolts if that is all you are going to remove.

Comment

repair ptt motor

I've got a stator housing that's rotting away. I'm trying to remove the ptt motor to see if I can repair the darn thing - looks like I'll be needing a stator for sure, maybe more.

Comment

Working...
            X